Summit County Children Services’ Mission, Vision & Values
Because we believe in family preservation and that all children deserve a safe, stable and permanent home, Summit County Children Services will:
- Intervene only where necessary and only to the proper degree;
- Assess the community’s concerns of child abuse and neglect, focusing on safety, risk and family strengths;
- Serve as partners with families and in teamwork with partner agencies in the community;
- Utilize team decision-making meetings to engage families;
- Diligently work towards reunification when a child must be removed from home;
- Seek permanent homes for all children who cannot safely return to their parent or guardian;
- Remain mission-focused in our everyday work;
- Recruit and maintain diverse staff committed to serving all children and families;
- Approach our work with integrity and ethics;
- Be fiscally responsible.
At SCCS, we believe:
- All children have a right to a safe and stable home.
- All children should be in permanent homes.
- The well-being of all children is vital to us, their families, the child and our community.
- All families deserve our best efforts to partner with them and to treat them with respect and honesty.
- We have an ongoing responsibility to increase our knowledge and improve our children services by learning all we can about the diversity of our families and community.
- We have a duty to remain objective and consistent in all of our interactions with families and children.
- We must be creative and innovative in the delivery of services so as to heighten the efficiency and effectiveness of our child protection work with families.
- We have a responsibility to be able stewards of taxpayer resources.
- We believe in creating a culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We will cultivate an environment that respects, celebrates and supports the differences of our employees and the people we serve.