Foster Care & Adoption Information Meetings
Summit County Children Services invites those interested in learning more about foster care and adoption to attend an upcoming foster and adoptive parent recruitment meeting.
Staff will explain the multi-step process, discuss support provided by the agency, and share the costs involved (specific to adoption) as well as general information about the children who come into care. Advance registration is NOT required.
The meetings are FREE to the entire community. If you have questions or need more information, please call (330) 379-1065.
2019 Meeting Schedule
- Wednesday, May 29, 6-8 p.m., Northwest Akron Branch Library, 1720 Shatto Avenue, Akron
- Thursday, June 13, 6-8 p.m. Fairlawn-Bath Branch Library, 3101 Smith Road, Fairlawn
- Wednesday, June 26, 6-8 p.m., Maple Valley Branch Library, 1187 Copley Road, Akron
- Thursday, July 11, 6-7:30 p.m., Norton Branch Library, 3930 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road, Norton
- Tuesday, July 30, 6-7:30 p.m., Portage Lakes Branch Library, 4261 Manchester Road, Akron
- Tuesday, August 13, 6-7:30 p.m., Green Branch Library, 4046 Massillon Road, Uniontown
- Thursday, August 29, 6-7:30 p.m., Kenmore Branch Library, 969 Kenmore Boulevard, Akron