Foster Care & Adoption Information Meetings
Summit County Children Services invites those interested in learning more about foster care and adoption to attend an upcoming foster and adoptive parent recruitment meeting.
Staff will explain the multi-step process, discuss support provided by the agency, and share the costs involved (specific to adoption) as well as general information about the children who come into care. Advance registration is NOT required.
The meetings are FREE to the entire community. If you have questions or need more information, please call (330) 379-1065.
2019 Meeting Schedule
- Tuesday, September 10, 6-7:30 p.m. at the Springfield/Lakemore Branch Library, 1500 Canton Road, Akron
- Wednesday, September 25, 6-7:30 p.m. at the Mogadore Branch Library, 144 S. Cleveland Avenue, Mogadore
- Wednesday, October 9, 6-7:30 p.m. at the Ellet Branch Library, 2470 E. Market Street, Akron
- Tuesday, October 22, 6-7:30 p.m. at the Firestone Park Branch Library, 1486 Aster Avenue, Akron
- Thursday, November 7, 6-7:30 p.m. at the Goodyear Branch Library, 60 Goodyear Blvd., Akron
- Tuesday, November 19, 6-7:30 p.m. at the Tallmadge Branch Library, 90 Community Road, Tallmadge
- Thursday, December 5, 6-7:30 p.m. at Compass Coffee, 647 E. Market Street, Akron