Summit County Children Services’ Mission, Vision & Values
The Summit County Children Services (SCCS) agency in Ohio has faithfully served children and families since 1881 (see our history). Our child safety and protection activities are guided by an adherence to our Mission Statement, Vision and Values, by our board, executive team, dedicated staff, selfless foster families and many volunteers. These tenets direct Summit County Children Services in meeting the requirements of the Child Welfare Mandate.
Summit County Children Services’ Mission Statement
SCCS is committed to the safety, permanency and well-being of all children served, in partnership with families and the community.
Summit County Children Services’ Vision Statement
Because we believe in family preservation and that all children deserve a safe, stable and permanent home, Summit County Children Services will:
- Intervene only where necessary and only to the proper degree;
- Assess the community's concerns of child abuse and neglect, focusing on safety, risk and family strengths;
- Serve as partners with families and in teamwork with partner agencies in the community;
- Utilize team decision-making meetings to engage families;
- Diligently work towards reunification when a child must be removed from home;
- Seek permanent homes for all children who cannot safely return to their parent or guardian;
- Remain mission-focused in our everyday work;
- Recruit and maintain diverse staff committed to serving all children and families;
- Approach our work with integrity and ethics;
- Be fiscally responsible.
Summit County Children Services’ Values
At SCCS, we believe:
- All children have a right to a safe and stable home.
- All children should be in permanent homes.
- The well-being of all children is vital to us, their families, the child and our community.
- All families deserve our best efforts to partner with them and to treat them with respect and honesty.
- We have an ongoing responsibility to increase our knowledge and improve our children services by learning all we can about the diversity of our families and community.
- We have a duty to remain objective and consistent in all of our interactions with families and children.
- We must be creative and innovative in the delivery of services so as to heighten the efficiency and effectiveness of our child protection work with families.
- We have a responsibility to be able stewards of taxpayer resources.
- We believe in creating a culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We will cultivate an environment that respects, celebrates and supports the differences of our employees and the people we serve.
Summit County Children Services’ Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) Value Statement
At SCCS, we believe in creating a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We will cultivate an environment that respects, celebrates and supports the differences of our employees and the people we serve.