SCCS Citizen’s Advisory Committee
Summit County Children Services is committed to collaborating with other child-centered agencies in our community to provide a comprehensive and cost-efficient approach to child safety and protection services. To that end, our Citizen's Advisory Committee (CAC) was created to further cooperation between Summit County Children Services and other child-centered agencies in Summit County. The group is also charged with carrying out studies of the effectiveness and need for particular services in the county and advising the SCCS’ Executive Director and management staff on policies pertaining children services.
2019 SCCS Citizen’s Advisory Committee Members
- Beth Kuckuck, Chair - County of Summit Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board (ADM Board)
- Tonya Block - Summit County Public Health
- Terri Burns - Summit County Department of Job and Family Services
- Beth Cardina - Summit County Juvenile Court CASA/GAL Program
- Lt. Rick Edwards - Akron Police Department
- Beverly Foss - Summit County Children Services Women's Auxiliary Board
- William B. Holland, Jr. - Summit County Sheriff's Department
- Allyson Lee - Community Action Akron Summit
- Pastor Herman Matherson - The House of the Lord
- Michele L. Mizda - Akron Children's Hospital
- Celia O'Donnell - Fostering Independence, Inc.