FILLED/WRAPPED EASTER BASKETS NEEDED
Easter will be celebrated this year on Sunday, April 1. SCCS is seeking donations of approximately 1,500 filled Easter baskets for children served by the agency. CLICK HERE FOR A PROGRAM FLYER.
IMPORTANT: If your organization wishes to provide filled baskets for any of the age groups listed, please contact Sandy DeLuca, Supervisor, Community Relations Department, at (330) 379-1994 or at email@example.com. Please indicate the quantity your group is interested in donating.
Below is a breakdown by age and gender of the baskets that are needed.
- Infants (birth to 12 months): 130 baskets (non-gender specific)
- Toddler (age 1-3): 175 baskets for boys & 175 baskets for girls
Early School-Age (age 4-7): 175 baskets for boys & 175 baskets for girls - FILLED
- Late School-Age (age 8-10): 110 baskets for boys & 110 baskets for girls
- Tweens (age 11-12): 75 baskets for boys & 75 baskets for girls
Teens (age 13+): 150 baskets for boys & 150 baskets for girls - FILLED
Below is a list of suggested items (by age) you might want to include in baskets.
- INFANTS (birth to 12 mos): Baby lotion, shampoo, hair brush & comb set, sippy cups, bibs, rattles and pacifiers, sleepers & diapers.
- TODDLER (age 1-3): Coloring books & crayons/markers, books, sidewalk chalk, outdoor play toys, Play-Doh, dolls, cars/trucks, stuffed animals, Goldfish crackers, & limited candy.
- LATE SCHOOL AGE (age 8-10): Candy, coloring/activity books & markers, reading books, small stuffed animals, small sports balls, outdoor toys, small craft kits, hair accessories & action figures.
- TWEENS (age 11-12): Candy, bags of chips or snacks, books or journals, handheld games, sports balls, microwave popcorn, hair accessories, wallets, earbuds, & body care products.
IMPORTANT: Donors are asked to wrap/bag and label each basket with the child's age and gender.
DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS: Filled Easter baskets are needed by March 4. They can be delivered to Summit County Children Services, 264 S. Arlington Street, Akron, OH 44306. Volunteers will available to unload on March 2 and March 3. Volunteers will not be available on March 3.
EASTER EGG HUNT EVENT
SCCS is hosting a special Easter Egg Hunt event on Saturday, March 24, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. for the children and families the agency serves. Groups are needed to help provide the below-listed items for this event. NOTE: A group has been confirmed to host the egg hunt.
- Provide simple, easy activities for children (need a total of 4-5 activities);
- Provide goodie bags for children filled with Easter candy and trinkets (need a total of 200 bags);
- Provide simple refreshments for children and parents (for 300 people);
- Provide an opportunity for children to visit with the Easter Bunny.
If your group is interested in supporting the Easter Egg Hunt event, please contact Sandy DeLuca, Supervisor, Community Relations, at (330) 379-1994 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for making Easter a fun and festive time for the children and families we serve.