The Women’s Auxiliary Board of Summit County Children Services
The first auxiliary in the nation for a public child welfare agency. The Auxiliary was formed in 1948 under the leadership of then agency superintendent Hilda Marvel and civic leaders Betty Jaycox and Eleanor Voke. They recruited more than 100 women who were committed to bettering the lives of children served by the agency. That commitment is still strong in the more than 70 members today. Over the years, funds raised by the Auxiliary have enabled children to attend college and job training; take music and dancing lessons; attend area recreational activities and receive their “most wanted” holiday gift. The Women’s Auxiliary Board also hosts an annual recognition dinner for foster parents and a recognition brunch for agency social workers.