SUMMIT COUNTY CHILDREN SERVICES MISSION STATEMENT:
SCCS is committed to the safety, permanency and well-being of all children served, in partnership with families and the community.
SUMMIT COUNTY CHILDREN SERVICES VISION STATEMENT:
Because we believe in family preservation and that all children deserve a safe, stable and permanent home, we will:
• Intervene only where necessary and only to the proper degree;
• Assess the community's concerns of abuse and neglect focusing on safety, risk and family strengths;
• Serve as partners with families and in teamwork with partner agencies in the community;
• Utilize team decision making meetings to engage families;
• Diligently work towards reunification when a child must be removed from home;
• Seek permanent homes for all children who cannot safely return to their parent or guardian;
• Remain mission-focused in our everyday work;
• Recruit and maintain diverse staff committed to serving all children and families;
• Approach our work with integrity and ethics;
• Be fiscally responsible.
SUMMIT COUNTY CHILDREN SERVICES VALUES:
• All children have a right to a safe and stable home.
• All children should be in permanent homes.
• The well-being of all children is vital to us, their families, the child and our community.
• All families deserve our best efforts to partner with them and to treat them with respect
• We have an ongoing responsibility to increase our knowledge and improve our services by
learning all we can about the diversity of our families and community.
• We have a duty to remain objective and consistent in all of our interactions with families and children.
• We must be creative and innovative in the delivery of services so as to heighten the efficiency
and effectiveness of our work with families.
• We have a responsibility to be able stewards of taxpayer resources.